Bringing you the sound of an ancient country,
For the first time in sampling history, Sonokinetic is proud to present this unique and one of a kind female vocals sample library. FIlled with intriguing, mysterious and authentically sung traditional jewish music. Performed by one of the greatest contemporary classical Jewish singers of our time; Hadass Pal Yarden. Her musical talents, professional and impressive sound and specifically specialized musical style makes these captured performances stand out from any other previous Sonokinetic projects. This library offers you chants, improvisations, poems and songs in one of the numerous classical Jewish traditional styles namely; “Sephardic” music. This first volume of “Voices of Israel” also includes improvisations on western harmonics which complements music written in western musical root harmonics, which makes this library very flexible and versatile to implement into your musical projects.The proven vocal sampling concept of Sonokinetic’s vocal sampling libraries continues with another dedicated ethnic vocal collection. Combining non-western vocalic musical elements into a tool for serious professional music productions. To give your production the extra authenticity that’ll make it unique and stand out in realism and originality. 1300+ vocal elements in various keys and speeds will provide you with a pallet that’s not matched in many other vocal sample libraries. The intuitive use of the Native Instruments Kontakt engine guarantees you countless numbers of variations by combining melodic patterns, sung melodies accessible in several phrases, vocal effects, spoken words and more Jewish Sephardic origin styled samples.
Many of the Songs, poems and texts performed by Hadass have never before been recorded and we translated them into a great ‘tool’ for composers. With this, Sonokinetic establishes another large and great collection of non-western vocal music based on art music and ancient musical origins.
We always try to push the limit to capture a generic soundscape with a wide selection of user-friendly, easy to use sample collections.
We wish you the best inspiration and creativity.
Disclaimer: Jewish music theory and character is very different form western music. Due to it’s many microtones and typical tone distances used in these songs. But as a general reference we found that a lot of our minor and major keys go well with these samples. We specifically applied western tuning while recording these samples. All these harmonic references are interchangeable and can be combined to create thousands of original combinations. The full potential of this sample library is yet to be unleashed. For quick – no – nonsense recording and a perfect fit to your minor harmonics please refer to the ‘western minor improvisations’ patches.
What’s in this volume:
- Core samples: 1 female voice. Jewish/Sephardic style sound
- 5 Multi instruments for Kontakt 4.2.4 with up to 4 tab screens – Main View, Convolution, Envelope and a credits tab
- Main view with key indicator, BPM switches and thematic design
- Convolution reverb applicable on all patches. 4 rooms available
- Envelope Editor & Breath Control: Attack & release knobs and breath volume
- Credits and thanks
- 1300+ samples. (855MB sample content)
- Chants & Songs in all keys, voice effects; whispered and spoken texts (ancient Jewish poems). Chants are wordless melody lines, Songs contain words
- Western Improvisations: with these special patches we’ve tried to blend the Sephardic style melody to fit western harmonics. For quick scoring and adding creative artistic features to your music. Not all keys are available due to the vocal pitch limitation.
- Songs, chants and improvisation patches have programmed key switches linked to the harmony root, with corresponding interface views. Root harmony and scales are presented for each key zone.
- “Vocal FX”, an exclusive one of a kind original recording of different Sephardic style vocal effects. These patches are the real deal. Sonokinetic is proud to present these as a special feature
- Various ‘instant endings’ have been programmed to separate keys in each instrument, to give you the possibility to end a phrase whenever you want, however you want.
- Time stretching function (TS); all patches are available with pitch wheel function to slow down and speed up the phrases and melody lines.
- 4 impulse responses: 24 bit wave format. 3 Synagogues and one large dome.
- Interface installers for Mac, PC and manual instructions.
- Royalty and copyright free content license.
- License and Usage Agreement for “Voices Of Israel”
- English translations for all sung and spoken texts within “Voices of Israel”. These texts have never been translated. This is a genuine first. And we’re proud to present them as an extra feature.
- Artwork : “Voices Of Israel” dvd cover. Designed by Pavel Fuksa
- All files in 48 kHz – 24 BIT
- 24 Bit Wave
- Programmed from Kontakt 4.2.4 and higher
NKI instruments & Multi instruments:
Kontakt interface features:
Main view: keyswitches, harmonic root and BPM buttons, breathing samples
- Red zones: Keys witches for root harmony keys
- Green zones: Breathing sfx samples
- Yellow zones: BPM (tempo) switchers. Correspond with the buttons on the interface
- Blue zones: vocal samples
- Cyan zones: Ending phrases
- White zones: Empty zones
Patches with TS: pitch wheel modulation. Speeds up and slows down phrases Note: All recordings have been traditionally recorded without click track. These songs are unaccompanied ancient monophonic vocal ‘songs’.
First you have to select a BPM with yellow keys, and then the key with the red ones. Since the samples are grouped in BPM and in root key.
Convolution view: 4 Sonokinetic voice IR’s
All NKI patches have reverb applied to them by default. The convolution reverb can be bypassed when the amount is turned down to 0% by clicking on the left side “Wet Level” and turned down. Impulse Response selection: by pressing the IR sphere another of the four available rooms is activated.
- -Synagogue 1: Main Synagogue centered stereo IR
- -Synagogue 2: Rectangle high ceiling Synagogue centered stereo IR
- -Synagogue 3: Stone wall Synagogue centered stereo IR
- -Large Dome: Mid size dome stone & marble*
(*from the Tigris&Euphrates library)
Room Size slider: This compresses or stretches the impulse response in time. Click & drag on the right side of the sphere to adjust the blue level bar.
Wet Level: Controls the level of the original and processed signals. 0% = bypass 100% = full signal. Click & drag on the left side of the sphere to adjust the blue level bar.
Amount: Controls the level of the original and processed signals. 0% = bypass 100% = full signal.
Envelop & Breath tab:
With this tab models the full sample set AR. So all groups are affected by changing these setting. To keep the your custom setting please resave the patch. Next time when loaded it load the custom settings. (Consider renaming to have a backup when needed)
Attack: The time it takes the envelope to reach maximum level after triggering.
Release: The time it takes the envelope to fall from the sustain level back to zero after the key has been released.
Breath: 19 velocity mapped breath samples. Triggered by the velocity. Volume determines the output level of this sample group. Mapped under the green colored keys
Audio examples: Composed and performed with dedicated care and ear by professional musicians and composers.
- MAC & PC
- Compatible with Kontakt 4 – Full version of Kontakt is required. ( This library is NOT compatible with Free Kontakt Player )
- All files in 48 kHz, 24 Bit wave format
- For more information or support please check our FAQ or support service
- Available as DOWNLOAD ONLY also available on USB stick (express shipping)
When you purchase and download a product from our store your personal information and download-IP address will be logged to the unique download you have paid for and downloaded. The instrument patches and sample pool have been watermarked and linked to your provided paypal / credit card information and download-IP address. You do not have to register or enter a serial number…
We have gone a long way to record these samples, another very exclusive one of kind original Jewish recording. Very recognizable and beautifully and artistically performed. With that said, Sonokinetic is not responsible for any mistreatment of any of these samples in any context and we distance ourselves from any misinterpretations. The responsibility lays fully with the user.
Test: Sonokinetic Voices of Israel (German)
Voices of Israel steht ganz im Zeichen traditioneller jüdischer Musik und präsentiert mit Hadass Pal Yarden eine Vokalistin und Expertin der Sephradic Musik mit akademischer Auszeichnung und reicher Liveperformance-Erfahrung. Die Library ist nicht nur eine Hommage an dieses Genre, sondern zugleich auch ein eindrucksvolles gesangliches Portrait der Protagonistin, deren Stimme über ein Charisma verfügt, wie man es unter den Vocal-Sample-Libraries selten findet: Sanft, mit reizvollem weiblichem Charme, mal beschwingt, mal tiefgründig, verheißungsvoll, mystisch, beinahe überirdisch dahinschwebend.
Voices of Israel beinhaltet 10 verschiedene Instrumente der Kategorien Chants (Gesang ohne Lyrics), Poems (gesprochene Gedichte), Songs, Western und Whispered (geflüsterte Texte). Die Western-Instrumente bringen nicht etwa eine Country-Gitarre ins Spiel, sondern sind eine Adaptation an westliche Harmoniegepflogenheiten. Die Solostimme wird durch Atemgeräusch-Samples, Endings und Effektsamples (Ausrufe etc.) ergänzt. Insgesamt beinhaltet die Library mehr als 1.200 Samples. Mit “TS” gekennzeichnete Instrumente sollen eine Veränderung der Abspielgeschwindigkeit um +/- 40 % mittels Pitch-Bender bereitstellen und für Tempoanpassungen geeignet sein. Das Modulationsrad kann zudem eingesetzt werden, um den Startpunkt des Samples nach hinten zu verschieben. Ein Convolution-Reverb sorgt für das passende Ambiente mit den Impulsantworten von drei verschiedenen Synagogen und einer Kathedrale.