We’ve gone all the way and recorded most of the commonly used Middle Eastern melodic styles (maqams). The samples are available in all parallel western contemporary root keys. These can easily be triggered and displayed in the Kontakt user interface. For easy and quick scoring Desert Voice provides patches with Arabian styled melodies which are harmonically mirrored to western minor scales.
Performed by Mr Hammam Al Sayid, a scholar of the classical Arabian art music. With full dedication to this project he performed the best musical takes we’ve ever experienced. From the deepest low to the highest intense emotion, Hammam took us by surprise and opened our ears and imagination to the mystic and fantastical world within Arabian music.
Sonokinetic pushes the limits to capture a soundscape with a wide selection of user-friendly, easy to use collection of Middle Eastern vocal samples.
- Core samples: 1 male voice. Desert Voice / Iraqi / Egyptian Arabian styled sound.
- 30 sets of improvisations in one instrument each for Kontakt 4.2.4 and Kontakt 5.
- Bespoke convolution reverb available for all patches. Size and amount editable
- Scale indicator: key zone linked. Generic harmony view with tone distances
- 1750+ samples. Format: All files in 44.1 kHz , 24 Bit wave format.
- Western Minor Improvisations: with these special patches we’ve tried to blend the Arabian melody to the western harmonics. For quick scoring and creative artistic features to your music. Not all keys are available due to the vocal pitch limitation.
- Phrases are available in original key and 1-2 semitones pitch-shifted. (Due to the vocal range we have limited these)
- FX articulation: one-of-a-kind original Arabian recording of the Arabian style male voice percussion. These patches are the real deal. Sonokinetic is proud to present this as a special feature
- Breath intake samples: Available from keys C2-E2 to simulate real breathing of performer.
- Original sample tempo and nearest minor key indication
- Mod wheel: Jump in phrase function
- Time stretch button: Automatically fit performance to host tempo with this feature
- Intelligent Time Machine (ITM) button: Will re-time performances to ½ and double time at extreme tempos.
- Automatic adaptive tempo: Performance tempo will change with host tempo, even during mid-sample playback.
- Sonokinetic Payloader: automatic download and installation system.
- End Users license agreement
- End User License and Usage Agreement for “Desert Voice Refurbished”
- Desert Voice Refurbished: User manual.
- Artwork: “Desert Voice Refurbished” DVD cover. Designed by Pavel Fuksa
Use the left and right arrows to select up to 30 different sets of phrases / improvisations.
Set number 30 is FX
Key and Tempo Indicator
This section of the interface displays three elements:
*Please note for Performances we have a limited amount of keys ranged due to limitations to vocal chord performance range. Outside of this range (1-2 semitones) performance would be unrealistic so that option is not provided.
Middle Eastern music theory and character is very different form western music.
Due to it’s many microtones used in these maqams. But as a general reference we found that a lot of our minor and major keys go well with these samples. We specifically applied western tuning while recording these samples. For instance, the root key goes well with major as the 4th and 5th go well in minor. But all these harmonic references are interchangeable and can be combined to create thousands of original combinations. The full potential of this sample library is yet to be unleashed.
The factory setting for “Desert Voice Refurbished” comes with a convolution Impulse Response (IR) reverb already loaded. The IR can be disabled with the IR on/off button. The size and amount of reverb can be adjusted with the two dials…
Size: This compresses or stretches the impulse response in time.
Amount: Controls the level of the original and processed signals. 0% = bypass 100% = full signal.
Manipulating the MOD wheel enables you to jump-in-phrase and start the playback of each sample from further into the performance.
Mid: 1.4 kHz
High 7.5 kHz
The amount of Equalization can be controlled with the 3-band EQ knobs. The default frequencies are shown above. These can be adjusted within the Kontakt InsertEffects menu.
Time Machine and Intelligent Time Machine (ITM)
These two buttons control the tempo options of Desert Voice Refurbished.
The TM button switches Kontakt Time Machine on / off.
Turned off, the samples will play at their recorded rate (indicated by the Tempo Indicator). Turned on will sync the performance to your host tempo.
Sample tempo can be manipulated mid-playback by simply changing your host tempo. The tempo of the performance will adapt to match.
The ITM function syncs samples to half-time or double-time when extreme tempo values are used. This can also be turned on/off. You may prefer to have the ITM function turned off when using the adaptive tempo-syncing functions previously mentioned, so that the samples do not suddenly switch to half/double-time when manipulating large tempo changes. When in ITM ‘OFF’ mode you can either select 120 BPM or 90 BPM of the original recorded tempos.
- MAC & PC
- Compatible Kontakt 4.2.4 and Kontakt 5.0.2 (full version, not compatible with the Kontakt Player!)
- Format: 44.1 kHz, 24 Bit wave format
- For more information or support please check our FAQ or support service
- Available as DOWNLOAD ONLY also available on USB stick (express shipping)
When you purchase and download a product from our store your personal information and download-IP address will be logged to the unique download you have paid for and downloaded. The instrument patches and sample pool have been watermarked and linked to your provided paypal / credit card information and download-IP address. You do not have to register or enter a serial number…
This version of Desert Voice refurbished is not aligable for an update or upgrade to the previous version of Desert Voice 1.0 which has been discontinued completely from the Sonokinetic BV portfolio.
We have gone a long way to record these samples, another very exclusive one of kind original Middle Eastern recording. Very recognizable and beautifully and artistically performed. With that said, Sonokinetic is not responsible for any mistreatment of any of these samples in any context and we distance ourselves from any misinterpretations. The responsibility lays fully with the user.
Read what the pros think of us