VAT is only applicable for Euro clients without a VAT registration number
We set a goal to capture the same mystic musical quality from the middle eastern musical heritage as represented in ‘Voices of Israel’ and ‘Desert Voice’. The Turkish clarinet is the ideal supplement to the aforementioned; a very versatile and vocalic melody instrument that reflects the microtonal system. The beautiful and mystic character of this sound will capture the imagination of your audience and take them on a 1001 nights journey or fly them through a land of fables and myths in a way that is unmatched in any other woodwind performance sample collection.
Within this collection we offer a full range of tempi ranging from 40 BPM to 180 BMP and a collection of melodic phrases in every western harmonic key from A to G#.
Our proven effective and convincing technique of merging highly professional and authentic performances into a flexible and user friendly instrument has brought us to the development of “Shahrazad”.
The musical quality in these melodic phrases is impossible to recreate with conventional multi sampled woodwinds. Especially microtonal transitions and lyrical passages will only sound convincing when performed live by a professionally trained and authentically schooled musician. Therefore we went a long way to find the most suitable performer for this collection of performances samples.
Nevertheless we also decided to invest in multi sampling, to provide the composer with all essential tools to create an original and fitting musical section into their music productions. Therefor you’ll find an authentic legato scripted multi samples section in this sample library.
We are proud to announce and release the next level in the Sonokinetic musical heritage collection. With “Shahrazad” we believe to provide the composer with a new and original musical context and language. Express yourself in new creative and authentic music textures that appeal to your imagination and creativity.
This musical idiom is a perfect style to fit your fables, myths and fantasy scores. Remember Rivendell and Lothlórien or the depths of the unexplored Sherwoods.
With “Shahrazad” the composer will find instant satisfaction. Since we composed and performed generic and consistent phrases this entire collection can be easily combined to create countless new variations on melodic passages. Throw in our Authentic Legato instrument and merge your own composing talent with the performances and the options are infinite.
Sonokinetic again invests in a state of the art user interface with highly effective and sophisticated ‘under the hood’ programming and sample management policy. With over 3500 samples under your fingertips with a nice look and a beautiful sound we present:
“Shahrazad” middle eastern Clarinet performances and multi sampled instrument
- Base samples: 1 instrument patch containing the following styles:
- 5 makam phrase articulations.
- One sustain patch.
- One authentic legato instrument with recorded intervals.
- Single instrument for Kontakt 4.2 and higher with 4 panels – Main, IR, EQ & Credits.
- Convolution reverb applied to the multi instrument to represent the original acoustic space.
- Sonokinetic IR space design knob to allow dynamic assignment and configuration of the convolution effects.
- Dynamic sample loading & purging for efficient memory usage.
- Customisable keyswitching system to allow command of articulations in your compositions.
- Visual representation of current key when playing phrases
- Shahrazad Reference manual (pdf).
- Artwork : “Shahrazad” dvd cover. Designed by Pavel Fuksa
- Artwork : “Shahrazad” UI art designed by Tomek Maronski
- Programming : “Shahrazad” Kontakt script and instruments by Blake Robinson
- Video tutorials. Hosted by Blake Robinson
- Patch auditing. Each patch briefly reviewed.
- Technical tour of the interface
Format: All files in 48 kHz, 24bit mono NCW format.
total size about 4,5GB total amount of samples: 4901 samples
Programmed for Kontakt 4.2.3
THE ARTICULATION SELECTOR
For your convenience, Shahrazad contains all the articulations you could ever need in a single NKI instrument. You can switch between the different playing styles either by clicking its name from the MAIN panel, or by pressing its respective keyswitch on your MIDI controller.
The keyswitches default to the lowest octave on an 88 key keyboard. However, the instrument can be completely customized to suit your needs and keyswitches can be reassigned. Simply click the respective articulation’s key in the column and it will change to a ‘!’ symbol and flash. You can now play a key on your keyboard and the keyswitch will assign to it. You can use this configuration method to suit the instrument to your needs.
Shahrazad contains recorded phrases in BPMs between 60 and 140. By default, the instrument will pick the closest BPM to your sequencer’s current tempo. The instrument uses Kontakt’s ability to synchronize samples to your sequencer’s tempo. You can configure this aspect on the right of the instrument’s main panel.
REDUCED MEMORY allows you to only load specific phrases required into memory to reduce the load on your system. You can select batches of 4 phrases using the drop-down.
TEMPO SYNCING enables and disables the synchronization script. When it is disabled, you can pick a custom BPM using the drop down underneath.
NORMAL allows you to configure how the tempo syncing scales to your sequencer’s BPM. For example, HALF will result in a run being half your sequencer’s tempo while DOUBLE results in it being double. If you pick a specific BPM from the list the phrase of this BPM will be used and synchronized.
PLAY ENDING ON RLS. Allows you to instruct the instrument to play a note-ending sample when you release the key. There are 4 available per makam that can be selected from the drop-down menu.
Shahrazad ships with five IR convolution spaces built in. This can be configured on the IR panel of the instrument. A visual representation of the space appears on the left. You can change between three spaces by selecting an entry from the menu below the icon. You can also configure the wetness and room size of the convolution and finally toggle whether it is bypassed
The EQ panel allows you to shape the instrument. You are able to easily configure the frequencies, bandwidths and gains as required. Values will appear as you drag sliders.
You can also completely bypass EQ.
Kontakt patch example and detailed explanation
- PHRASES(…): Tempo-synced phrases (differing between 60/100 and 140bpm)
- SUSTAIN: Sustains featuring multiple dynamics
- LEGATO: Authentic legato instrument with recorded intervals and scripting.
COLUMNS ABOVE ARTICULATIONS
- PLAY: Click this to change to this articulation.
- LOAD: Click this to toggle if this articulation is loaded to memory. You can unload
articulations not used to save memory.
- KS: The keyswitch used to activate this articulation. You can change this by
clicking the key label and pressing a key on your keyboard while it is flashing.
- SUSTAIN DYNAMICS: Toggle whether or not dynamics are controlled manually. You can customize which CC control dynamics by right clicking below, choosing ‘Learn MIDI CC# automation’ and moving the desired slider or knob on your controller.
- TEMPO SYNCING: Toggle whether the phrase and runs are tempo synced. Click this to change it. When on, phrases and runs will be stretched to fit your sequencer’s tempo.
- NORMAL: Allows you to configure how the tempo syncing scales to your sequencer’s BPM. It can be changed by clicking.
Sonokinetic IR space
All NKI patches have reverb applied to them by default. The convolution reverb can be bypassed using the BYPASS IR option on the IR panel.
To keep your custom setting please resave the patch. Next time when loaded it’ll load the custom settings. (Consider renaming to have a backup when needed).
Impulse Response selection: by clicking the names under the picture you can switch between five available spaces.
- WETNESS: Controls the level of the original and processed signals. 0% = bypass
100% = full signal. Click & drag to adjust the bar.
- ROOM SIZE: Increase or decrease the size of the hall. Click & drag to adjust the bar.
Composed and performed with dedicated care and ear by professional musicians and composers.
- MAC & PC
- Compatible with Kontakt 4.2.2 – Full version of Kontakt is required. ( This library is NOT compatible with Free Kontakt Player )
- All files48 kHz, 24bit mono NCW format (pool accessible)
- For more information or support please check our FAQ or support service
- Available as DOWNLOAD ONLY also available on USB stick (express shipping)
- Please note: there will be no video tutorials included in your download. They are free available on this page
When you purchase and download a product from our store your personal information and download-IP address will be logged to the unique download you have paid for and downloaded. The instrument patches and sample pool have been watermarked and linked to your provided paypal / credit card information and download-IP address. You do not have to register or enter a serial number…
Read what the pros think of us